Economic Possibilities for Our Children, 2013 Martin Feldstein Lecture, NBER Reporter, December 2013
In remarks at the 5th annual Martin Feldstein Lecture at the NBER Summer Institute on July 24, 2013, Summers said, “At a moment of substantial cyclical distress, at a moment of financial preoccupation, I would like to look to the broader technological forces that are operating and that will shape the structure of our economy and how people live over the long term.”
Selected archived speeches by Lawrence H. Summers:
- “The Tension between Politics and Economics,” October 2012, The Buttonwood Gathering, New York, NY
- “The European Crisis: An American View,” The Institute of International and European Affairs, October 19, 2012, Dublin, Ireland
- “Henry Jackson Initiative USA Launch,” October 25, 2012, New York, NY
- “A Conversation on New Economic Thinking,” April 8, 2011, Bretton Woods Conference, Bretton Woods, NJ
- “Lessons of Leadership,” April 4, 2011, American Corporate Partners, Cambridge, MA
- “Challenges Facing the United States,” March 23, 2011, Harvard Club, Cambridge, MA
- “Battle for America’s future will be won or lost in America’s public schools,” February 2, 2011, Teach for America 20th Anniversary Summit
- “Prophecies of American decline will prove to be self-denying once again,” February 2, 2011, Herzliya Conference, Herzliya, Israel
Selected Congressional Testimony by Lawrence H. Summers:
- Testimony to Senate Budget Committee, June 4, 2013 (as prepared)
- Testimony to House Budget Committee, September 9, 2008 (as prepared).
- Testimony to the Joint Economic Committee of the U.S. Congress regarding the proposed Fiscal Stimulus Package, January 16, 2008.
- Testimony delivered at the Hearing of the Senate Finance Committee, Washington, D.C., March 8, 2007 (as prepared).
- Testimony delivered at the Hearing of the Joint Economic Committee, Washington, D.C., January 31, 2007 (as prepared).
For speeches by Mr. Summers during his time at the Director of the National Economic Council.
For speeches by Mr. Summers during his time as President of Harvard University.